We DON'T actually have a moratorium....YET.
There is still work for us to do to make a moratorium a reality.
This Annexation Study Committee is a HOUSE committee only.
- The Committee is recommending a moratorium.
- The House has to introduce a Bill and PASS it.
- The Bill then has to be PASSED BY THE SENATE.
- Then it needs to be ratified by the whole General Assembly,
- and signed by the Governor.
We need to make sure that all candidates for the House and Senate take a stand on reforming Forced Annexation!
WE CAN DO THIS.
If we DON'T the League of Municipalities will roll right over our elected Representatives with little opposition.
House Select Committee Discussion and Vote on Moratorium
Watch the video of the House Study Committee voting for the moratorium.
Plan to come to Raleigh and spend the afternoon on June 4th for the Citizens Rally for Reform of Annexation.
See YOU there!